This street, which marks the boundary of the second and third town expansions, was called “Asfeld” in memory of Claude Bidal, who was the Marquis of Asfeld, as well as being the Inspector-General of France’s fortifications, and the hierarchical superior of the various French military engineers.
Number 5, which is called the Hôtel d’Asfeld, was built from 1724 to 1730 for François-Auguste Magon La Lande, who was one of the directors of the Saint-Malo East Indies Company.
This tall residence, erected in-between a courtyard and a garden, is moreover the only one to have been built on a basement level which was entirely set aside for use as a goods warehouse.
No. 1 in the same street, along with its counterpart at 1 Rue de Chartres, was paid for using Mexican piasters earned from seafaring along the Pacific coast of Latin Aneric, which were given to the architect Michel Marion, who had constructed these buildings for squire Joseph Baude and his sister-in-law Céleste-Pélagie Picot, who was the widow of one of the directors of the Saint-Malo East Indies Company.
No. 7 is the former town-house belonging to Joseph Trublet de Nermont, in which Father Trublet (Saint-Malo 1697 - Saint-Malo 1770) of the Académie Française, spent his last years.
No. 10 is the former Hôtel Lemoine which was used as a bank in the early 20th century, which has a façade decorated with the coats of arms of Saint-Malo and Saint-Servan.
No. 12 is an old house from the 17th century.